Toggle menu

Who to report your concern to?

If you are concerned about a child or young person, you should speak to someone.  If you have general concerns about a child's wellbeing, you should speak to the 'Named Person' - for a child who is not of school age this would be the Health Visitor or the Head Teacher of the child's school.  If you are not sure who the 'Named Person' is, or you have more serious or urgent concerns you should contact the following numbers:

South Ayrshire Councils Children and Families Social Work on 01292 288645 option 1. This service is available Monday to Thursday 8:45am to 4:45pm and Friday 8:45am to 4pm.  Or email the

Out with these times contact Ayrshire Out of Hours Social Work if your concerns is urgent on 0800 328 7758

If the child is in immediate danger contact the Police Scotland by telephone 101 or in an emergency 999

If you do not share your information, people who know the child may be missing a crucial information, which makes it harder for people to protect the child.  By sharing your information, you may be helping others to understand what is happening for the child's life and help keep the child safe.

You do not need to give your name.  If you do give your name, this will be treated with discretion where possible.  Any details received, including your name, will not be revealed unless the child's safety requires it.  However, we cannot guarantee that you will remain anonymous.