SVQ Level 2 Social Services & Care
You will complete a number of units of study that will help you to develop the knowledge, skills and values that are needed to work effectively in the care sector.
This will all contribute towards your achievement of the SVQ 2 in Social Services and Healthcare and the NPA in Health and Social Care: Skills for Practice.
Here's just some of what you'll be doing, You will:
- develop practical caring skills, including nutrition, hydration, personal care and pain management. You'll be increasingly aware of how to maintain safety and security when accessing people's homes.
- look at various aspects of safeguarding, health and safety, and general safe practice in care. You'll look at areas of support for yourself as well as those you care for.
- enhance your understanding of legislation, organisational policies and procedures in relation to safe effective care.
- increase your understanding of person-centred care and the importance of values, principles, dignity,equality and diversity
- fine tune your communication skills as you become more aware of how we communicate and the barriers to communication that some people experience.
- be able to explain the importance of working in a multidisciplinary team and understand how team members work together to plan and implement the individual's care.
- develop an understanding of caring for people with dementia as well as how we develop across the lifespan and the impact this has on our needs and care requirements.
Who Should Attend
Focused towards staff within Social Care services where a SSSC Requirement to undertake is present.
Through discussion with the College.
How to book
Places on this course should be booked through Billy Cooper, Learning Officer (CPD): email@example.com