Moving & Handling 2 Day Induction
All Adult & Community Care services engaged/involved in the moving, manoeuvre and movement of clients and/or involved in the provision of movement support or facilitation of movement to their clients by mechanical means.
Staff are advised to wear loose clothing for this training.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Spine
- Cause and Extent of Back Pain
- Common Effects of Back Pain
- Health and Safety & Legislation
- Guidelines for Lifting and Lowering
- Guidelines for Carrying Loads
- Assisting Wheelchair Users
- Unsafe Practices
- Condemned / Controversial Practice
Who should attend?
This course is a Mandatory Course for those engaged with the Moving & Handling of clients. It MUST be attended by employees who are new to the organisation, have recently returned from a period of long-term sickness or who have lapsed the current timescale since their last Moving & Handling training.
This is a 2-day face to face training that MUST be fully attended.
Please Note: that following the completion of this training, a Moving & Handling Observation is mandatory within a 12-month period.