Toggle menu

Protecting Children and Young People

Many children in Scotland experience abuse on a daily basis. Child abuse can take the form of physical, sexual or emotional abuse - or a combination of all three.

If you are concerned that a child is suffering from, or at risk from, any abuse you should contact:

South Ayrshire Councils Children and Families Social Work on 01292 288645 option 1. This service is available Monday to Thursday 8:45am to 4:45pm and Friday 8:45am to 4pm.  Or email the

Out with these times contact Ayrshire Out of Hours Social Work if your concerns is urgent on 0800 328 7758

If the child is in immediate danger contact the Police Scotland by telephone 101 or in an emergency 999

What is child abuse?   LINK TO THIS ARTICLE.

What signs may indicate child abuse? LINK TO THIS ARTICLE.

Who to report your concern to? LINK TO THIS ARTICLE.

What to expect when you report your concerns? LINK TO THIS ARTICLE.

What happens with the information that is shared? LINK TO THIS ARTICLE.

What will happen to the child and family?  LINK TO THIS ARTICLE.