Toggle menu

I am a child / young person looking for support

Child looking for support

All children and young people have the right to be safe and to be protected from harm. You may be concerned about:

  • Lots of arguing or fighting 
  • If you are left alone at home
  • A parent, parents or guardian who drinks a lot of alcohol or uses drugs when they are looking after you
  • A parent, parents or guardian who say or does things that make you feel upset or worried
  • You don't have enough to eat, warm clothes to wear or a safe place to sleep at night

Child protection- Ask a teacher
If you are worried about something or someone and are not sure what to do there are lots of people who can help.

You could talk to:

  • someone in your family or a friend,
  • someone in your school like your teacher;
  • your school nurse;
  • a social worker;
  • the police; or
  • you could call Childline on 0800 11 11.

There are various things that people can all do to help you. They can listen to you and give you advice and guidance with your concern. The most important thing is, if you are worried about something and don't feel safe, please tell someone who can help you.

Here at the South Ayrshire Health & Social Care Partnership, there are people who can help you. If you would like to speak to us during the day call us on 01292 288645 or if the office is closed you can still reach someone by calling 0800 328 7758 or contact us by email:


Reporting a concern

I am being abused or have been abused in the past. Who can help me?

You can call Childline free on 0800 1111 at any time, to talk about any problem. You can also visit for information. You could also speak to a health visitor, teacher, nursery worker, family doctor, social worker, police officer, children's reporter or any adult you feel you can trust.

Claim Young Scot reward points

You can claim Young Scot points for reading this page. Simply visit the Young Scot Website and input code: LLMUAZ. Registration is required.