Arran View Support Service
We are a specialist service offering support to individuals with a complexity of needs and who require a high degree of therapeutic input in order to maintain their well being. People using our service can expect a high level of support to meet their physical and emotional needs.
Our aim is to:
- To enhance your day by providing a variety of stimulating and/or relaxing activities
- to ensure that your individual, specific needs are fully met in order to maintain your well being
- To provide a quality service delivered by professional staff with up to date equipment in pleasant, safe surroundings
Our staff team is qualified and trained to deliver a high quality service. We are registered with Care Inspectorate and our latest report can be found on their website. We are an ASDAN registered centre.
Girvan Opportunities Day Service in Girvan, South Ayrshire provides a range of holistic and personalised learning opportunities to adults with learning disabilities. This approach enables students to learn and develop new skills as well as building on existing ones with a view to achieving their own personal outcomes. Having a holistic approach to learning allows students to find identify, meaning and purpose in life through connections and experiences with their peers, environment and wider community.
The service has offered ASDAN classes since 2013 and currently delivers the Towards Independence Programme. This programme provides a framework of activities through which personal, social and independence skills can be developed and accredited. The programme offers formal recognition for small steps of achievement towards a larger goal. ASDAN courses allow students to achieve this ambition while developing skills for life and building their own understanding and knowledge of the world through experience and reflection.
Girvan Opportunities has recently been recognised as an ASDAN Centre of Excellence in recognition of excellent practice in running ASDAN courses particularly in relation to Inclusive Curriculum.
What is a short break/respite care? - Short breaks/respite care for adults with learning disabilities encompasses:
- Planned short breaks away from home that involve social and leisure activities based on your needs which will be identified in your personal plan.
- An environment where you can continue to develop your skills and abilities
If you think you or the person you are caring for would like to consider using the service please phone 0300 123 0900 and discuss the possibility for an assessment and use of the short break services.