Toggle menu

How to Appeal a decision of Child Protection Planning Meeting

The Chair of the Child Protection Planning Meeting would have advised where to send your complaint to, if you are unsure, your Social Worker will advise. 

To appeal, you need to explain in writing that you are unhappy with the decision and that you want to make an appeal within 5 days.  This letter would be sent to the Head of Children's Health, Care and Justice Services. 

You also have the right to complain if you are unhappy with the way that professionals have worked with you and/or your child.  Your Social Worker can advise you on the complaints process for the relevant part of the service that you want to complain about