Child Protection Level 1
This course provides an introduction to Child Protection and will assist practitioners in gaining an understanding of key child protection themes, including definitions of abuse and the possible signs and symptoms of harm. Participants will explore values and attitudes surrounding the care of children and develop an understanding of the key legislative frameworks which shape practice in the promotion, support and safeguarding of Children at Risk of Harm. Practitioners will develop confidence in reporting and sharing Child Protection concerns in line with local Child Protection procedures.
- Develop an understanding of definitions of abuse
- Explore values and attitudes surrounding the care of children
- Increase confidence in exploring possible signs and symptoms of harm
- Identify effective communication with children
- Gain an awareness of the protection of children and our role in responding
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at all staff who require a basic understanding of Child Protection.
This is a half day virtual session delivered via Microsoft Teams.
Please Note: The levels of Child Protection training courses, such as Level 1 and Level 2, are designed towards specific job roles and responsibilities. To determine which course is most appropriate, please read the course descriptions and consider your job role and responsibilities within the context of child protection.