The Role of the Second Person in Adult Support and Protection
Adult Support and Protection Level 2 is required pre course learning.
This course examines the legislation, theory and practice of the Second Person role, in line with the Adult Support & Protection (Scotland) Act 2007.
This course will consider the duties and expectations of the Second Person in practice and will aim to support and identify the skills and knowledge required to undertake the role and function of a second person for the purpose of investigative interview. This course will involve skills practice.
- Understand the role of the Second Person within an Adult Support & Protection Investigative Interview.
- Examine the role of the Second Person before, during and after the Investigative Interview.
- Describe and discuss the structure of the Investigative Interview.
- Understand how the Investigative Interview supports the guiding Adult support & Protection principles.
- Examine common practice within Adult Support & Protection Investigative Interviews.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for any person working with adults who may be asked to be the Second Person during an Adult Support and Protection Investigation.
This is a 1-day training course.