Council Officer Refresher
This course provides a refresher of the key themes for practitioners who are undertaking the statutory role of Council Officer. Practitioners will review the relationship between the social work role in Adult Support & Protection (ASP) and the relevant legislation in Scotland.
This course also provides a refresher on The Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 200, Investigative Interviewing and Risk Management. This course will support practitioners to continue to take actions to ensure individuals are protected and kept same from harm.
- Understand the role of the Council Officer within the ASP process.
- State the '3 Point test' and how it is applied in practice.
- Understand the ASP Principles and how they are applied in practice.
- Recognise the stages of the ASP Inquiry / Investigation process and the responsibilities of those involved.
- Understand the expectations of the Case Conference Chair.
- Recognise the importance of good recording & defensible decision making.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at Council Officers who should undertake this training every 3 years.
This is a 1-day training course.