Child Mental Health
To raise practitioners awareness of the impact of mental health on children and young people and relate this to how you can support their welfare and well-being within your role.
During this course you will:
- Explore the impact of Mental Health on children and young people that you come into contact with and associated risks.
- Identify the relevant guidance and legislation that provides the framework for protection children and young people.
- Recognise how own beliefs, experience and attitudes might influence professional involvement when working with young people impacted by Mental Health and associated stigma.
- Consider what steps you and your organisation need to take to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with whom you have contact with.
- Identify sources of information to support practice.
Who should attend?
This course is for individuals who work with children and young people, such as community support workers, residential staff, education and healthcare professionals. The course aims to raise awareness of the impact of mental health on children and young people and how to support their welfare and well-being within your role.
This is a 1-day session delivered face to face.