Child Mental Health
This one day course will raise practitioners awareness of the impact of mental health on children and young people and relate this to how you can support their welfare and well-being within your role.
During this course you will:
- Explore the impact of Mental Health on children and young people that you come into contact with and associated risks
- Identify the relevant guidance and legislation that provides the framework for protection children and young people
- Recognise how own beliefs, experience and attitudes might influence professional involvement when working with young people impacted by Mental Health and associated stigma
- Consider what steps you and your organisation need to take to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with whom you have contact with.
- Identify sources of information to support practice
Who Should Attend
This course should be undertaken by staff working with children, young people and families and/or where awareness of Child Mental Health would be beneficial to their roles.
This is a full day face to face session.
Venue: The Practice Development Base - 8 Wellington Square, Ayr, KA7 1HA
How to book
South Ayrshire Council Employees
This course can be booked through Book and Go on COAST, visit: https://thecore.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/article/232/COAST
NHS Ayrshire & Arran Employees
All NHS staff within SA HSCP, should copy and paste the following link onto their browser and enter where they will be directed to COAST. This link should be used anytime NHS wish to access COAST therefore it would be advisable that this is saved to favourites.
On entering you will have two options; to Register or Login, in the first instance all NHS staff must register their details, simply their name and email while creating a memorable password. An active email address must be used as all booking confirmations, information and links will be sent to this address.