Working with Families through Challenging Times
This training demonstrates issues and behaviours presented by adults who work with families through challenging times. The issues and behaviours of this service users will be integrated throughout the training but specifically will be demonstrated by the trainers as part of the home visit exercise, through the examples of workers in difficult situations in the 'Stay or Go DVD' session.
- To consider what constitutes difficult, challenging and evasive people
- Concepts of disguised compliance
- Techniques to defuse hostile and challenging situations
- Understand the danger signals and stages of critical incident
- Strategies for improving practice including communication skills which can be used in conflict situations
- Identifying strategies for managing stress and burnout
Who should attend?
Practitioners working in children's and/or adult services. This will provide delegates and their team with the skills, tools and resources to prepare for any situation. E.g. Social Workers in Children and Adult Social Care, Housing officers, support workers front line staff.
This course will be delivered face to face over 2 full days - all staff must be able to attend both days. Actors will attend on Day 2.