Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply for this funding if you:
- are between the ages of 14-26 (If you are older than 26 we can still consider your application so please still apply)
- have at least three months of care experience (which can include kinship care, foster care, secure care, residential care or being looked after at home)
We will have to prioritise young people who are looked after by South Ayrshire because we are the Champions Board for this area (Please send us your application anyway and we can tell you about other Champions Boards or funding in your area).
Have you applied before? Great! We would be happy to see you apply again. First timers are welcome too.
What can I apply for?
Everyone deserves to feel connected, loved and to feel good about themselves. Shine Even Brighter is here to help you make and realise your hopes and dreams! We hope this fund can be used to help you towards these goals. If that means applying for equipment for a new hobby, funding for a day out with people who matter to you or just a great new outfit that makes you happy.
We can't wait to hear what you can think of!
What can I not apply for?
Below are some things we will not fund through Small Grants. Please get in touch if you need support with these things and we can try and help you find other resources.
- Debts (Rent arrears, credit card debt etc)
- Tattoos and piercings
- Space travel, haha!!!
How much can I apply for?
The maximum grant you can apply for is £250.
What makes a good application?
We want this to be a simple application process for you. We are looking for applications that:
- answer every question
- are clear about your current circumstances
- detail exactly what you are applying for
- explain the difference this funding will make to your life right now