- Understanding gender identity and gender diversity:
- what it means to be trans or gender diverse
- Trans terminology including pronoun use Challenges faced by trans young people: isolation, bullying and discrimination, family issues, social situations, mental health, transitioning while in education/workplace etc.
- Transition pathways, including healthcare
- Changing names, systems and forms
- Legal responsibilities: the Equality Act, hate crime
- incidents, transphobia
- Improving trans equity and diversity: policies, guidance, recommended resources
Who should attend?
Staff working with young people experiencing gender dysphoria.
This is a online session via Microsoft Teams.